Thursday, January 05, 2006

Last night i learned about the shocking habit called "Cutting"

I went to a going away gathering for some friends last night and at a rather neat bar and restaurant called "Olive."

At any rate, a woman I was talking with who's a councelor at a local middle school told me about a habit about five of her 500 students had: "cutting".

Cutting is where they deliberately cut themselves with a sharp knife. The reasons she gave were mostly tied to the kids being in controlling family environments, the worst example being those kids who were being molested by their own parents.

My new friend told me that cutting was becoming common. Curious to know more about this, I looked it up on the search engine and found this website.

I don't know what can be done to reduce the frequency of this habit, but I do know something must be done. It would seem that we as a society have to take a serious look at the evolution of the family unit in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment