Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Nice Day, But A Mean Guy At The Grove on Chestnut

Today was one of those great days Ice Cube rapped about, but I didn't see the need for an AK. It was nice, even though I was sick for much of it.

I've got a kind of cold bug that will not let go of me for whatever reason. So, I've got Vitamin C, B-6 which is what my late Dad told me to take a lot of, and asprin and zinc. Plus, I've got other medicine, too.

With all that, I tried to work out today, and do webwork too. Ouch.

To get myself in the mood, I drove over to The Grove on Chesnut in SF, and was fortunate to get a good place at one of those tables with the pillow seating and the electric power pluggins. As I did, I sat next to A VERY MEAN MAN.

He was not mean to me, but to some defenseless old woman who -- I don't know what happened -- but he YELLED at her in the cafe, and as others (even the people she was talking to) said nothing to him.

Something about her seemingly not wanting him to sit there. The guy told me he "threw" her umbrella at her -- the one she use to save the table. I don't know.

All I know is he was trying to bully her. He was also buying his weak-ass male friend as they were playing Backgamon. Yelling at him not to make another mistake, and learning forward and pointing his finger in the guy's face.

He was really pissing me off. After holding my mouth, I did tell him he should appologize to the lady. Of course, he objected and explained what she did. I told him he should have taken it up with the manager of the cafe. He agreed.

But after some talking, he fell back into his normal ass-hole mode: "It's not my job to make others happy," he said in response to my call for him to "Make others happy." He seemed to delight in being mean, making snide remarks about the lady to his friend.

I finally left, but not before telling the manager -- who knew of the lady's problem with the man -- that if that guy did that again, I'd send him to jail myself.

So, I came back to Oakland and went to The Alley to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment