Friday, May 12, 2006

Not Again, Howard Dean! - Man, What's Up

I like Howard Dean. I really do. Of course, I don't know the man. I just read where he made a comment to a Christian Rights organization that the Democratic Party Platform says "marriage is between a man and a woman."

Well, I'm straight, it doesn't say that, and I don't care.

I think Howard is trying to be this liberal hipster guy, but in reality is a conservative WASP. I first came to that conclusion at a fund-raiser I went to in San Francisco two years ago.

Howard Dean was the focus and he started giving his speach. But when he mentioned African American's he looked at me directly, as if to "reach" me. He then made sure to mention Gays in the next sentence and so on. Afterward, as I shook his hand, he said "We need your support" but his expression communicated that he did't need me as a person, but me as a black person.

I came away with a kind of "yucky" feeling about Dean.

Then he became the head of the party; I wondered why.

I'm still wondering.

I hope Howard doens't blow our advantage. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment