Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Vloggercon: Mary Hodder and "Dabble"




I met the wonderful Mary Hodder at Vloggercon Saturday in a most unusual way: she was sitting at the Peralta sponsor table where I was after I returned from a video walk; poor thing was just looking for a place to park her computer. Fortunately for me, I had enough presence of mind to make her stay a comfortable one. I was rewarded with an introduction to and an account with her new product, the website "Dabble."

Dabble is a terrific web device that can download videos placed on a website just by listing that webpage's URL. The program then develops a kind of video database. It's really a cool and useful tool. How do I know this? I tried it out on my blog, Zennie's Zeitgiest and with great success. Dabble's a great system to use; check it out.

In the video Mary takes us on a brief "tour" of Dabble and tries to upload my blog; something I did later. I've got to admit, it's a gas. (I also take this time to thank Mary for turning me on to Blip.tv
Formats available: Quicktime (.mov)

No comments:

Post a Comment