Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ann Coulter Says Bill Clinton Is Gay On "The Big Idea" - David Letterman Fires Back



Conservative political pundit Ann Coulter gets a lot of airtime for being a jerk when the cameras roll (I don't know her, so I can't comment on what she's really like, but I'll bet she's a blast in person). Ann makes comments that are designed to piss someone off, but in this media-driven culture she makes a lot of money doing it. It's like I told my Mom, all a media producer cares about his that you're talking about one of their personalities (and at times hating that person's the most bankable emotion you can express -- at least from the media producer's point of view).

But there's such a thing as a little too much of a thing and Ann may have hit that point. Take this video where talk show host David Letterman reports that Ann Coulter said former President Bill Clinton was Gay on Donny Deutch's show "The Big Idea" on CNBC. Letterman's staff made up a response where Bill Clinton said "Well, I did tell her I was Gay, but that was only to give her an excuse for why I didn't hit on her." The video then continues with this statement from Letterman's staff: "Bill Clinton, Gay only when it comes to evil, crazy b----."

But it's statements like that, and the one where she claimed to have sent "that white powder" to the NY Times, that have caused several papers in her conservative base of the South to drop her column. Perhaps we're seeing the beginning of the end of her popularity. I certainly hope so. She seems to be making money from being a little off and not in a good way.

Here's the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment