Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Marilyn Monroe - Video Of Color Photos By Harold Lloyd

I was watching a wonderful documentary about Marilyn Monroe with my Mom. It was part of the American Masters series on PBS and really very well-done. It reminded me not just of Marilyn's incredible aura, but of how I was introduced to sex, sexuality, and American Culture as a little boy.

My Mother admires Marilyn to this day, and as she said to me "It didn't matter if you were white or black or whatever, you just copied her." In part because my Mom indirectly allowed it -- in other words, she didn't say "Hey, she's white" -- Marilyn Monroe was the first female movie star I was not only aware of but who's form I was just plain gaga for.

But more than that, Marilyn Monroe represents a part of life in America I suppose I've always coveted: theater, wealth, ...the finer things. Cigars. Cocktails. Steak at fine restaurants. Trips overseas. Beautiful women. All of that. I guess it starts somewhere. For me, it was Marilyn. In fact, it was her scene in the Seven Year Itch that made me realize which part of the female body I liked the most.

I found this video of color photos taken of Marilyn by Harold Lloyd, as well as some other clips in posts that I will list in a kind of "ring" below:

Marilyn -- Photos | Marilyn -- JFK Birthday | Marilyn -- Seven Year Itch


No comments:

Post a Comment