Saturday, July 29, 2006

San Francisco Bay To Breakers - Video One




This is the first of a four part video series on my San Francisco Bay To Breakers run this year -- my 18th time as a participant. I decided to take my camcorder and film as I went along; I don't know that anyone's done this before from start to finish.

The Bay To Breakers run goes from the intersection of Howard and Spear Streets in San Francisco's Financial District (Bay) to the Great Highway on Ocean Beach at the Pacific Ocean (Breakers). It's a 7.7 mile course through the heart of San Francisco; a trek made by over 70,000 people on the third Sunday in May.

Some people dress in costume; others in nothing at all. Look carefully at the people passing me. It's a freak show at points. What I like are the bands playing all kinds of music as I go. So that song you hear isn't a soundtrack, it's the real thing from a band.

SF Bay to Breakers Video One | SF Bay to Breakers Video Two
Formats available: Quicktime (.mov)

No comments:

Post a Comment