Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Interview with Jets Rookie QB Kellen Clemens


The Interview with NY Jets QB Kellen Clemens
On the second full day of Jets training Camp we got to spend a few minutes
post practice with the Jets second round selection out of the university of Oregon.

FP: Kellen, thanks for taking a few minutes. I know it was hot out there and you probably want to get a shower and eat, so we won't keep you long.

KC: No problem. (smiles)

FP: So Kellen, right off the top, what's different about this experience so far, from your time in college?

KC: Well, the playbook, It's huge. Our playbook at Oregon was big, but there is so much more…(trails off)

FP: We spoke with NFL.com writer Pat Kirwan at the draft, and he told a group of us that a scout he knew worked out the top ten QB's in this draft class, yourself included, and your workout was impressive. Not only were they impressed, but we were told you had the tightest spiral of any of the Qb's.

KC: All I can say to that is thanks for the compliment. I have been working on my throws since High School. Keeping them tight, that’s important

FP: I got to watch some tape on you myself both before and since the draft. What would you say were your strong points? And weaknesses?

KC: You mentioned my (Throwing the) ball, and my reads. I think I excel at reading the other team.

FP: Coach Mangini said this morning you have a great personality, but because your injury cut your season short last year, your learning curve is a bit steeper. Can you explain?

KC: Well, that's true. It's been a little harder then I thought, but I'm improving each day.

FP: How much help has Chad been to you? How much has he helped you?
KC: He's been a great help. I've been in his hip pocket too. Everything he has to say, I absorb like a sponge.

FP: Ok Kellen, thanks for giving us a few minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment