Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Senator Barack Obama on David Letterman - Video

Senator Barack Obama made perhaps the most important visit of this young presidential run. He went on the David Letterman show.

Now, while this may not seem like a big deal -- it is. There's no where to run or hide and you just have to be yourself. Barack Obama was just that, and it won over Letterman who basically said he'd vote for him -- more than once.

OK, he said I'd vote for the suit, I like the suit, but it came off as a coded statement for -- "I like you and I'll vote for you." And the audience clapped.

Senator Obama did well at balancing the serious with the humorous, and yet came off as Presidential. That's a hard "go" but he did it.

Everyone should be proud and excited!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:15 PM

    Obama - I see him as the hope for America. I see his entrance into the race as triumphant, and I'd support him in a heartbeat ... except for one thing: the Bush legacy will be a desperately hard road to untangle. Iraq will continue to be an overwhelming issue for years to come. We will urgently need some hard-nosed experience to start the path to healing. While I am certain Obama can handle it, I suspect that Senator Clinton will be able to handle it with more experience (plus the vast advantage of having her husband back in the White House, albeit it as a sidekick).

    All things being equal I'd prefer to see Obama as our President - and one day we will, I'm certain -- but things are not equal right now, we have Iraq as the entire M.E. in potential turmoil. So, to that end, I vacillate between Clinton and Obama, but vacillate with joy given that both are great candidates. A ticket with both of them together would be fantastic, an absolute winner, but I doubt we'll see it.

    ReplyDelete