Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Rev. Jerry Falwell Dies At 73 Of Heart Failure - Sad Day

I happened to see an Internet post that Jerry Falwell was admitted to the hospital and hoped that -- actually thought he was going to come out OK. I guess I'm so used to having him around as part of the American Culture that the idea he could pass on was foreign to me.

Well, Rev. Falwell passed on.

Now, I'm not a fan of his as he was a massive supporter of President Regan. Moreover, I at first saw him as anti-Black because of his rhetoric and the racist habits of the 80s in the South. But when I write that, I mean I wasn't a fan of his poltiics. I actually came to see him as a person that was actually someone I'd like to meet. This view was cemented when I saw him on a CNN roundtable of ministers, some Black and others White, with Al Sharpton as one of the others.

The discussions were not argumentative and indeed, interesting. And it was during that program that I came to see Rev. Falwell as actually quite right in that he had a powerful belief in the Lord.

It's quite apparent the Lord called him to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment