Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Emailed Letter To Reverend Jesse Jackson On Barack Obama



Greetings Rev. Jackson,

I've grown up in Chicago -- first at 7427 Wentworth and then 7908 Kimbark -- and now live in Oakland, CA.

I have long been an admirers of yours, but I'm confused and dismayed by your column in the SunTimes.

Here:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/jackson/668053,CST-EDT-JESSE27.article

Why do you continue to make statements that publications like The Huffington Post use against Senator Barack Obama?

Also, you know Barack's the first African American cadidate who can win. He's ahead in Iowa in many polls and since many polls are rigged has a bigger advantage than you've seen. Thus your column, though I doubt it has much impact, seems timed to hurt him. Why? Why are you trying to wreck our first real chance to -- by having an African American candidate as President -- end racism as we know it?

Why do you work to deny young African Americans the chance to see someone who looks like them in the position of Commander in Chief? What's the deal? Why do you seem to want to stop the rise of a person uniquely positioned to bring America together?

Barack's a lot like me, and I'm Black. He was born one year earlier than I and on the same day. He's an inspiration to me regarding what I can achieve in my field of life. I want him to win, just as I wanted you to win in 1984.

Please stop what you're doing and join us. Please don't be what some call a "crabbarrel" dweller -- pulling someone else down just because you don't want to see them excel.

Why not help Barack, openly and without asking for a favor in return. Just help. We do need you.

I believe we will win because there are too many people like myself who are working to WILL a Win.

Join us. Join us, please.

With respect....

--
Zennie Abraham, Jr.
Chairman and CEO
http://www.sbs-world.com
Sports Business Simulations

No comments:

Post a Comment