Monday, January 14, 2008

Barack Obama Calls For End To Race Fighting In Campaign

...not that he ever started it.

Senator Barack Obama called for a stop to the name-calling and race-baiting that has come to mark this campaign. According to The Politico , Obama said :You have seen a tone on the Democrat[ic] side of the campaign that has been unfortunate. I want to stipulate a couple of things. I may disagree with Senator Clinton and Senator Edwards on how to get there, but we share the same goals. We all believe in civil rights. We all believe in equal rights. They are good people. They are patriots....

I don't want the campaign at this stage to degenerate to so much tit-for-tat, back-and-forth, that we lose sight of why we are doing this."

Obama also said "Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton have historically been on the right side of civil rights issues. They care about the African American community.… That is something I am convinced of. I want Americans to know that is my assessment."

That's Barack: being Presidential.

No comments:

Post a Comment