Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Dennis Kucinich Tells Iowa Supporters To Back Barack Obama - MSNBC

If Presidential Candidate Dennis Kucinich does not reach the 15 percent support threshold in the Iowa Caucuses, he's instructed his supporters to back Barack Obama in Iowa, according to MSNBC.

"This is obviously an 'Iowa-only' recommendation, as Sen. Obama and I are competing in the New Hampshire primary next Tuesday where I want to be the first choice of New Hampshire voters," Kucinich said in a statement."

"I hope Iowans will caucus for me as their first choice this Thursday, because of my singular positions on the war, on health care, and trade. This is an opportunity for people to stand up for themselves. But in those caucus locations where my support doesn't reach the necessary threshold, I strongly encourage all of my supporters to make Barack Obama their second choice. Sen. Obama and I have one thing in common: Change."

All I can say is this is a major development in the campaign and swings the momentum toward the already surging Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment