Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Clinton Backer Geraldine Ferraro Steps Down But Leaves Warning

Geraldine Ferraro stepped down from her post on Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's Finance Committee (no wonder they lost money), but left this letter to Clinton obtained by CNN's Suzanne Malveaux, which, to me, serves as a warning to Clinton and the Democratic Party:

Dear Hillary -

I am stepping down from your finance committee so I can speak for myself and you can continue to speak for yourself about what is at stake in this campaign.

The Obama campaign is attacking me to hurt you.

I won't let that happen.

Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do to make this a better world for my children and grandchildren.

You have my deep admiration and respect.

Gerry


What this says to me is that Ferraro will continue to be a divisive force in the Democratic Party. What's bothersome is that she refuses to see that she's causing damage. She will drive a great many people to Barack Obama. I say, Horray! for this, but I'm concerned about the Democratic Party and I think Pelosi needs to step in and stop this crap once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment