Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dr. Mary Frances Berry Defends Geraldine Ferraro And Pisses Me Off!



Dr. Mary Frances Berry Defends Geraldine Ferraro And Pisses Me Off!



I just saw Civil Rights Pioneer Dr. Mary Frances Berry on CNN after the Geraldine Ferraro disaster and was really upset with what I heard her say. She essentially gave Geraldine Ferraro a "pass" on her terrible comments. The scene prompted me to write this letter to Dr. Berry.

Dr. Berry,

I want you to pay attention. Close attention to what I'm writing. I am VERY UPSET and DISAPPOINTED with how you allowed yourself to be portrayed on CNN on Wednesday. I -- until today -- was very proud of your history. You set a standard that many should know and follow -- I thought. My Mom -- Pat Abraham Yerger -- would sing your praises and I would listen.

No more.

First, you're a Clinton supporter; why, I do not know.

Senator Barack Obama is the first true African American candidate who can be President of the United States. I've raised thousands of dollars for him and over the last year worked the Internet to make sure his message is seen far and wide around the World. In my work I've seen many older African Americans like yourself ( I am younger) who come across as afraid to cause and see true cultural change where a Black man is in the position of the most powerful elected official in the World.

I've seen people like yourself pat people like the Clintons on the back for being "there" for civil rights. Well, I've got news for you Ms. Berry. They don't speak for young Black business owners like me. I'm not seeking protection for my civil rights -- I have them. I'm working to build a world where people like me are AUTOMATICALLY considered part of the business class and expected to make a contribution based on our merits. No handouts. And no people like the Clintons who always tell you how they've helped Blacks in the past.

That was then; this is now.

You need to grow and get with the 21st Century program because it's clear you're stuck in the 20th Century. This is 2008; not 1998. We are in an era where people are HUNGRY to get over our racial divide and many see Barack as a symbol of America's ability to grow.

Why you're not part of this desire is beyond me. It's terrible to see that you've taken this path. You do major damage by your appearance on CNN and views you expressed to young Black men who need to see that they too can reach for, and achieve, the American Dream. That you would even present your outdated views on television is a sure sign that the crab-barrel mentality is alive and well with you. I wish you would change; just plain turn on a dime and become a more productive member of MODERN American society.

Allowing Geraldine Ferraro to make her STUPID and idiotic and racist comments and then say that Obama should not have responded was patently silly. To place yourself in a postion where you allowed David Gergen to make you look like a self-hating Black person was worse, because that's what he did.

What the heck is wrong with you? Please tell me. That was painful to watch and terrible to recall as I write. You had no business letting that happen. But you did.

You can still improve. You can reach for that place that allows you to see and work for what can be done, and not wallow in a pool of sorrow and fear over a future that you and I know must happen: Barack Obama for President.

With much respect for -- and yet extreme disappointment with -- you.

--
Zennie Abraham, Jr.
Chairman and CEO
http://www.sportsbusinesssims.com
Sports Business Simulations
510-387-9809
SBS Online Marketing at http://www.sbson.com

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:36 PM

    Thank you so much Zennie for articulating the unspoken thoughts of many who have watched in dismay as Mary Frances Berry continues to do great damage to the cause for greater good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw you on CNN and you disappoint me and your race you understand the seriousness and urgency for the need of change and you of all people want to drop a brick behind the door of opportunity for sen Obama .Im not asking you to help him through that door clearly that is your choice but house niggers like you and Maya Aneglou spew your man hating feminist scent by dropping open ended comments on national TV and she by making speeches about Clinton starting with words like "trust worthy "and that we do know is not so. You remind me of a picture i saw of Ms Harriet Tubman- do you think that she only helped to free just female slaves ? Run!- run tell master the field Niger's can read an day 'bout to take ova da house -the White House.!!!!!!!! p.S i have vetted mccain clinton and obama -im going with obama now im vetting you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. I've corresponded with Dr. Berry on this specific matter and I'm dismayed with the response I've gotten from her.

    Dr. Berry may very well be a simple hater of Black men. That's the only reason I can cobble together which would explain her public response to Senator Obama.

    It's sick.

    You have a group of Blacks who are so affraid of African American advancement that they would not allow the voices of those within its own media system to be heard.

    ReplyDelete