Friday, June 13, 2008

My Mom's - Patricia Abraham Yerger- Thoughts About Tim Russert's Passing



My Mom, Patricia Abraham Yerger, 73, passed me this note:

For Tim Russert's Passing:

I am really saddened by this event the last statement I remember is "I would love to be teaching a history class now, meaning this moment of history where possibly a Black man could be president."

As a Black woman this meant the World to me. What this meant, this great man knew what effect this would have on American Youth. Plus, he was glad to see this, which makes me know that if some newscaster had his insight they would know what that event meant to America.

And that's why Michelle Obama made the statement she would make about being proud of the people of America.

This is the best country in the World. Look what it produced: a man like Tim Russert.

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment