Monday, September 01, 2008

Sarah Palin's Family Should Not Be Blogger's Focus

I have a simple standing rule that I will write about what the candidate does, but not what the elected officials family does.   What the family says is different, but even then the only words that matter are what the person says about the candidate's performance or actions.  John Edwards is a great example.

I wrote about his actions of infidelity and how it was unfair to his wife.  But the focus was John Edwards, and no one else to start.

Thus, I take issue with the look at what Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's family does.  They're not running for office; she is.  I do hope this frenetic pace of attention her family's getting passes quickly so we can go back to looking at Sarah Palin herself.

If you keep looking at her family, you will not know Palin's not ready for her 3 AM phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment