Monday, October 13, 2008

Obama Arkansas Volunteers Face Racism and Threats

The reports of racism from supporters of the McCain / Palin campaign and also reports of threats to Obama supporters are on the rise as we move closer to election day.  I just got this email from an Obama volunteer in Arkansas and who's full name I will not use here:


I live in Mountain Home AR and there are many of us here that support Obama.  But you will not find a sign any where.  The reason for this is the blatant racism and threats that have occurred against Obama and his supporters.  We are all afraid of being attacked in some way for putting up a sign.  Are you hearing this around the country?  Any thoughts?  I pray for his life and safety every day.  One of my friends told me that I was not standing up for my convictions because I did not have a sign.  I told him that now was not the time to put my safety and life on the line, but after he is elected and the attacks on him begin, it will then be time to fight to protect our President.
JP  


If you have a television or radio show, make it your business to tell people not to behave in the way of violating the rights of other Americans.  Barack Obama's going to be a great president and those who are racist need to get over their hate and get professional help to do so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment