Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sarah Palin's I.Q. Record Rejected By Nick Denton At Gawker

Thanks to my friend Oreo at DemConWatchBlog for bringing this to my attention.  Nick Denton over at Gawker conducted at analysis of the alledged  Palin "academic records" that have been buzzing around the blogsphere at a rapid pace,  and in this blog, and determined they were false.  

He based his decision on a careful look at the way the documents were assembled.  Great work.  But it calls into question what can be trusted.  For example, this information was placed on a giant listserv and sent out to thousands of people. Now, it's left to me to send out a corrective, but the damage is done.

In a way I'm glad because it means I don't have to take any heat for asserting in my video that Palin is clever enough to fashion an exit strategy beyond the campaign.  I still believe she's positioning herself for a run at the Alaska Senate seat currently held by Lisa Murtowski, but when I presented why many commented that Palin could not be "bright enough" to do that.  

I disagee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment