Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Lost" Inauguration Hotel Reservations Prompt New Facebook Page

Are you one of those who had the presence of mind to make your inauguration reservations earlier this year, only to have recently gotten a call from a hotel representative stating that your well-earned hotel room was "lost" are undoubtedly irate -- but not alone. 

Such reports have spawned this new Facebook Page called "Hotels "Losing" Reservations for The Inauguration".   This is what it's creator reports:

Have any of you who may have booked hotel rooms in the DC area for the inauguration months and months ago, suddenly received a phonecall from the hotel informing you that due to some sort of "computer malfunction" you no longer have a room reserved?

This just happended to me yesterday, and I'm trying to find out if this is starting to happen to many supporters. As I'm sure you're all aware, they are estimating there will be well over a million people coming to DC for this inauguration, and hotels that weren't already booked solid jacked their rates to rape people. That's bad enough, but now...I'm trying to get a feel for whether they are also now starting to "lose" reservations for people who booked months ago at lower rates, so they can resell those rooms at the rape rates.

As you might imagine, I am RAGING over this. I booked 2 rooms (for 6 of us) at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Greenbelt, MD back on May 11th, before Obama even won the primary! I have email confirmations on my reservations. In addition, I called the hotel directly 2 days after the election to reconfirm verbally they still showed my reservation, which they did. And now....magically....they tell me that the reservation never made it from the Hilton central system into their property system. I've spoken with a friend of mine in the hospitality industry, and she assures me they are blowing smoke up my skirt.

So, while I continue to call the hotel every hour on the hour, demanding that the general manager do something to rectify this situtation, I am attempting to find anywhere to stay. I worked 2 years on this campaign, and I'm heartbroken at the prospect of not being able to attend this historic event. There truly are zero hotel vacancies within a 250 mile radius of DC. I've been searching house rental sites, but I'm not having any luck there either. I'm livid.

If any of you have reservations, I would HIGHLY recommend you contact your hotels and reconfirm that they really do show you with a room...and somehow get them to confirm that in blood.

If any of you are experiencing the same problem that I have, please let me know. I think if we discover this has turned into an epidemic, we need to somehow get this out as a major story in the MSM and on the web. I would think a story about grassroots supporters getting screwed by corporate hotel chains would be a story that journalists would love. At the very least, I need to find a way to make Hilton pay dearly for this.

Also....if anyone is aware of someone in the DC area who would be willing to rent their house to a group of 6 of us, please contact me.

If you have been screwed by your hotel, please contact me with your story. I do NOT want to let them get away with this.

3 comments:

  1. Well, your e-mail reservation is a contract with the hotel. I think the punitive damages alone will inspire your hotel to get their rear into gear and find your reservation (which has probably never been missing in the first place).

    However, FYI: there's a foundation called, the Ukpe-Roberts Foundation, that was given some hotel reservations by individuals who could no longer use their reservations for personal reasons, or who just decided not to attend the inauguration. Some may have been McCain supporters who were forced several months ago to pay for their reservations upfront with no refunds with the hotel. Nevertheless, the Foundation is selling these reservations to benefit their HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention Campaign. Those looking for hotels may want to contact them to see if they still have reservations available: www.ukpe-robertsfoundation.org or (877) 619-5936. My aunt is from Houston and is very familiar with the President of the Foundation because she once worked as a Chief of Staff for an elected official in Houston.

    But the more I think about what these hotels are doing the more I think that a class action lawsuit is in the pipeline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:21 AM

    I have hotel reservations for Hilton Marriott in Alexandria 11/18 - 11/21 and it turns out I cannot go. The hotel will not let me cancel, but they will transfer the reservations to someone else. I am not looking for any money, just someone to take over the reservations. If interested, please contact Debbie at cinnickl@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete