Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sitting At Gate B56 At Denver International Airport - Flight Delayed

If you're on Twitter you may have noticed - or may not have seen -- that I just landed in Denver.  But here I am after having caught a flight from Oakland to this hub with the intent of catching another flight to Atlanta.  That flight, UAL 7515, which was to leave at about 7 PM, was delayed to 9:19 PM, giving me time to catch up on stuff like blogging.  


I think this is the fourth time I've been at DIA this year, the other three trips courtesy of my work at the Democratic National Convention.  But regardless of the city -- Denver, New York, Chicago, Atlanta -- I love to fly.  To me, since air travel became so accessible to so many people due to low fares, one can gain the measure of America in an airport: fashion, concerns, and overall mood.  


The mood I would describe as "mellow".  It certainly feels like the holiday season but it's almost like people are going through the motion of traveling but don't have a lot of gifts to give.  I don't see a lot of gift bags or bags that look like they've got gifts in them.   


I see a lot of kids and families and college students traveling alone, presumably to see their parents.  And of course there's an occasional single person, like me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment