Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TasteBudPolitics.com - An Interesting Site Combining The Election and Eating

It's interesting who you meet at airports.  A simple question I asked while at Denver Airport and to a person about a couple of buttons they had on their shoulder bag led me to this interesting site called "TasteBudPolitics.com."  


Developed by Denver-based "Motive" (thanks for the info Taylor Woodward!) as a promotional product for Odoba Mexican Grill, the website is a cleaverly designed survey that asks you to answer some wacky but logical questions.  For example, who of a set of cartoon icons would you want to be stuck on a desert island with?  I picked Captain Kangaroo because he's got a boat so I can get off the island!  


At any rate, the final outcome of the survey was that I was a "NACHO": an independent person who was most likely single!  (Got that right!)  I then cast my vote for Barack Obama, as did 55 percent of the people surveyed. But what's interesting is McCain won no state at all.


What was also interesting is that the candidates have designations: Barack Obama is a "TACO SALAD" whereas John McCain is a "NACHO" like me.  A Taco Salad person is easy going and empathic, whereas a Nacho is one who kind of "does their own thing" without care of what others think.  Hmm.  Reads like me, again!  


if you're wondering, Sarah Palin is "CHIPS and SALSA" and Joe Biden is a "QUESADILLA".  


You've got to check this out. Ok.  So it's after the election, but it's still fascinating. It cries for a video-blog component of some kind.  Can you imagine asking these questions to random people?!  That would be a hoot!


Hmm....

1 comment: