Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Michael Jackson Memorial dominates Google Trends



More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget!

I use Google Trends to follow the most popular Internet searches of the day, and today was no exception. After the moving Michael Jackson Memorial I decided to take a look at what the read was over at the site page. I expected perhaps one or two mentions of "michael jackson" but as of 3:09 PM PST, every one of the top ten searches concerned the Michael Jackson Memorial or some performance that was part of it, but I'm not sure about the reference to Jennifer Hudson being pregnant.  She was really on point with her singing, but she didn't look like she was "with child" to me:

1. michael jackson memorial booklet
2. is jennifer hudson pregnant
3. trey lorenz
4. brandon jackson
5. brooke shields and michael jackson
6. shaheen jafargholi
7. shaheen jafargholi michael jackson
8. john mayer
9. smile lyrics
10. smile lyrics charlie chaplin

And here's the screen shot of the site page:



This shows the World public's hunger to read and learn and just plain consume anything about or related to the King Of Pop is still at record-breaking levels. On the Thursday June 25th that Jackson passed, Google had so much traffic the firm's minders thought they were under attack, so it will be interesting to see how today's event impacts Internet traffic by days end.

Meanwhile, here's my take on the memorial with a great CNN-provided montage of Jackson's pop-history:

No comments:

Post a Comment