Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blog Action Day - Climate Change: why question it?

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com



Tomorrow is the launch of what for me will be my second "Blog Action Day". Last year the topic was poverty; this year the concern is climate change. But before I get to that, let me explain what "Blog Action Day" itself is, because chances are you've never heard of it.

Blog Action Day is a initiative where one day - tomorrow - is designated for bloggers and vloggers to post on one subject. Last year, that was poverty. This year it's climate change.

As I state in my video above, the major issue I take with opponents of climate change is that I don't understand what's wrong with at least having a "gauge" of how our weather system is changing.

If we have a flu, how do we know that aside from how we feel? We take our temperature. Similarly, we must take a measure of our climate's heat if only to know if it's too great or too little as well as the consequences of both extremes.

To me, it's really that basic. So, on Blog Action Day, I hope those who are against climate change will try and go without taking their own temperature if they're sick.

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure if we have any effect on global warming but I think we still need to be energy efficient and help the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once the deep mystery of “climate change” has been solved
    And “What’s green and causes CC?” is no longer a popular riddle,
    The legacy of the era most likely will be:
    “Never in recorded history have so many made so much over so little”.
    (With apologies to the late, great Winston Churchill).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that they change everything around...

    ReplyDelete