Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween in San Francisco and Oakland - wild, crazy and safe

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

The fact that the San Francisco Bay Area has a double-digit unemployment rate hasn't stopped people from coming out to celebrate Halloween.

BART, the Bay Area Rapid Transit System that was not going to offer 24-hour service in the wake of the closure of The Bay Bridge, reversed its field and did so, producing what just by looking had to be a record number of riders.

I've never seen BART so crowded, so consistently, in one night. And well-costumed,as you will see in an up-coming video. (I wanted to take a vlogging break, but in the case of the person you're going to see, I could not resist.)

Man, I should have. There were the two women who openly boasted to anyone on the crowded train car we were in of their sexual prowess and love for women unless the man understood their love for women and wanted to "play."

Just seeing the winces of some of the riders was a riot. I could not stop laughing! Loved it!

The previous night I was at the Fox Theater Halloween Masquerade Ball dressed all in black with sunglasses in my best effort to channel Jack Nicholson. I spent most of my time with my date and a group of folks drinking a lot of wine and eating burritos.

That was fun.

So Friday was a pre-planned little work day for me, but I had to at least get into San Francisco and see friends, and along the way, view how BART was responding to its new higher level of importance in the Bay Area socio-economy, and I give it an A! People seemed happy, and save for one fight at 12 Street Oakland City Center Station when I returned to Oakland, there was no incident I saw.

Cougars in Emeryville before Halloween


While I was having a mello Friday, a popular blogger friend of mine told me about a "Cougar Party" held in Emeryville that night. If you're not "up" on the term, a "Cougar" is woman over 45-years old who openly chases men under 30. Here's an example from the Showtime telecast "Californication" featuring Pamela Adlon as Marcy Runkle:

Marcy's Cougar Party on Showtime:



Since I'm 47 but commonly mistaken for 30 or even 28, I can say I'm aware of the Cougar nature. But I digress. He invited me to go, but I respectfully declined, and because I've been very fortunate not to need to attend such events, regardless of age.

And for the record, a lot of women over 45 look like they're 28 themselves. Credit better food, nutrition, vitamins, and the gym.

Whatever you do, Happy Halloween, and don't drink and drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment