Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lee Corso Stroke, Eddie Robinson, and Cal v. UCLA - college football today

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

Today marks the sixth week of a rapidly moving 2009 NCAA College Football Season. I didn't know ESPN College Football Analyst Lee Corso suffered a stroke in May of this year, but apparently he's returned to form in fine fashion today, still carrying a full load at 73 years of age. (My Mom still insists on working at 75.) I don't always agree with Corso's picks but I enjoy his enthusiasm for the game.


Lee Corso of ESPN 

Today also marks the anniversary of late Grambling Coach Eddie Robinson's 324th win in 1985, pushing him past legendary Alabama Coach Bear Bryant as the winningest coach in college football history. Coach Robinson. It's hard for me to think of him as gone; his presence is just that powerful.

Coach Robinson gave us some of the greatest players in history, including Washington Redskins quarterback Doug Williams, who led the 'skins to victory in Super Bowl XXII, becoming the first and still the only African American quarterback to win a Super Bowl and gain the MVP award.

Cal v. UCLA a must win big game


And my beloved but suffering California Golden Bears have a must win game against UCLA down there today. Unfortunately, given the way UCLA was manhandled by Stanford last week, this Pac-10 battle's a must win for them too.

I will hold out hope that Cal's offense actually scores a touchdown or five for the first time in three weeks. Will Cal Offensive Coordinator Andy Ludwig take the advice I gave him on Monday? We shall see. I still say GO BEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment