Thursday, October 22, 2009

Yobie Benjamin on Windows 7 may make me buy a PC for the first time

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

Hats off to Yobie Benjamin for his great blog post on Windows 7 and the Apple Snow Leopard. As a devoted Apple Computer user, 2007 MacBook running version 10.4.11, I'm in need of an upgrade but was thinking more about just adding a new computer. I have two MacBooks as of this writing.

But my friends in the event planning business have PCs, so I'm called on to help them and while I have been impressed with Microsoft's improvements to the Windows operating system, it wasn't enough to cause me to think of buying a PC.

But the needs of my suddenly growing sim business and vlogging business are such that having a PC's a smart move just to have another test platform. The only bad point is the expense of Windows 7. I may just stick to the emulator systems I've used to date to test website content.

As for the Snow Leopard news, I'll have to try that myself as I've seen a number of Mac users with my computer upgrade to Snow Leopard without incident. But Yobie's upgrade horror story is a cautionary tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment