Thursday, November 12, 2009

Taylor Swift CMA entertainer of the year - she deserves it

Taylor Swift CMA entertainer of the year! Wow.

As I was in a YouTube Community Roundtable meeting, Taylor Swift was accepting an award she really deserves: CMA entertainer of the year, and winning four major awards in all, including Female Vocalist of The Year, Album of The Year (for Fearless), and Video of The Year (for Love Story).

Now given what I've written about her and the now famous Swastika photo incident, you may think I don't like Taylor Swift...

>

No. Taylor Swift's awesome.

As I've written before, Taylor Swift's voice is like a taste of Heaven. You Belong With Me is in my playlist right beside the classic Signed. Sealed. Delivered. by the President's Medal Award winning Stevie Wonder. I listen to both songs (and others) again and again. But when it comes to doing the Texas Two-Step, which I learned as an undergraduate at Texas-Arlington (my Master's Degree is from Berkeley), I'd have to pick You Belong With Me.

And I totally disagree with Wynona, who said:

"You want my honest comment? It’s too much too soon. Time is God’s way of keeping everything from happening at once. It’s just too much of a good thing too soon."

I really don't think anyone has a set time that falls in line with a "norm". That Taylor Swift's 19 years old (soon to be 20) is meaningless to me. I'm proud of her. Some people marry early, others late, some never at all. Some entertainers peak early in life and stay there and remain a part of our lives for a lifetime. I think that person's Taylor Swift as much as it is Tiger Woods in Golf or LeBron James in the NBA. I really do.

That's the reason I was so hard on her for what some think was a small error in "that photo". Taylor's a public figure, and now a huge one. I want her to stay on top, much as I get the impression someone like Wynona will be waiting for her fall.

No.

Taylor Swift's had a magical, God-sent year. It started with the release of her album Fearless, which went Gold or Platinum in 16 countries, and continued with her MTV Video Music Awards "Best Female Video" win, and a massive PR boost courtesy of Kanye West, then it was the Swastika issue, which kept her name out there just as she waa preparing for hosting Saturday Night Live, which she hit out the park.

She did.

So now, after a phenomenal 2009, Taylor Swift's officially a mega-star. Here's to my prayer, my wish, that the stays that way without incident and understands her jobas a role model for young women.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor Swift deserves her CMA awards definitely; she could easily become another Faith Hill, or probably bigger

    ReplyDelete