Thursday, December 03, 2009

Parnevik, who introduced Tiger Woods to Elin Nordegren, expresses regret

According to Bob Harig at ESPN, Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik, who introduced Tiger Woods to Elin Nordegren, is not happy with Tiger Woods in light of the affair scandal. And while you may say "no kidding", it gets better.

Nordegren started working as a nanny for Parnevik in 2000. She was introduced to Woods in 2001 at the British Open, and then married him in 2004.


Jesper Parnevik

Now, what Parnevik said to Harig at ESPN is damning:

I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I really feel sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him. We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron. It's a private thing of course," he said. "But when you are the guy he is, the world's best athlete, you should think more before you do stuff ... And maybe not just do it, like Nike says."

Ouch! Why he had to get off the Nike blast is beyond me, but I wonder what the 'swoosh' people will think about the Tiger Woods affair now.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment