Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Taylor Swift everywhere: TV, blogs, and People Magazine

Terrific Country Music singer Taylor Swift has had a fairy-tale year. She became the first Country Music singer to win the MTV Best Female Video awards, earned a slew of other awards including "Country Music Entertainer of The Year", hosted Saturday Night Live, and has been romantically linked to Twilight: New Moon star Taylor Lautner.

Taylor Swift is everywhere, and she's now is on the cover of People Magazine, available in airports everywhere. How do I know? Because I bought a copy at the United Airlines' Terminal at O'Hare Airport. I wanted to read their interview with America's newest pop-culture sensation.

I all, I was really disappointed with the People Magazine talk. First, I totally love Taylor Swift's voice and music. Moreover, she's a wholesome, Timbalind-dancing 20-year old breath of fresh air. But the media gives her a big pass way too much of the time.




Taylor Swift and A.J. English

The People Magazine interview was very lightweight, and didn't even touch on her Swastika-gate photo problem with A.J. English at Katie Perry's birthday party. It would be nice if Swift said something to show she really got the gravity of that symbol. But it didn't happen and People Magazine was an enabler in this behavior.

I hold out hope that she "got it". Only Taylor Swift really knows.

Still, she's got a massively bright future and I look forward to her work in 2010. I'd especially like to see her do more cross-over work with Rap and Hip-Hop artists.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Easily I agree but I about the collection should secure more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:49 AM

    Amazing as always

    ReplyDelete