Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Tyler Perry's mother passes - inspiration for Medea

On his website Tuesday, actor and producer Tyler Perry announced the passing of his mother Willie Maxine Perry who was 61 years old.




Tyler Perry

My sympathies are with Tyler Perry as the news reminds me - as if I needed it - why I'm here in Georgia as I write this and why I make this trip so very often. My Mom needs me here and its not just that I'm the only child but I love my Mom.

Mom's are the ones who know who we really are through and through and more often than not because of that tell us thing we don't want to hear but make us better people to others and especially to ourselves. If you're reading this, take time to let your Mom know how much you love her. If you read this and happen to have what we call "issues" with your Mom, work to overcome them because I guarantee you when she's gone you're going to wish you took the time to do that while she was here.

Willie Maxine Perry was the inspiration for Medea, the irrepressible character of so many movies that made Perry rich and famous. Tyler Perry talks about his mother, his young life, and the roll of God in this interview with CNN's Larry King:



Part Two:

No comments:

Post a Comment