Thursday, January 21, 2010

Artie Lange predicted Conan O'Brien's NBC demise - 11/11/08

Artie Lange, the great sidekick to Howard Stern, predicted Conan O'Brien's NBC demise when he appeared on Late Night with Conan O'Brien on November 11, 2008.




Artie Lange, who recently survived a suicide attempt and will be back on The Howard Stern Show at a date in the future, made a statement that painted a future Conan O'Brien didn't see coming; but is now upon him:



This is probably my eighteenth appearance and I'm very sentimental about this," Lange said. "You're leavin' You're going out to do The Tonight Show." Conan responded with "I'm going out to Los Angeles, yeah," which ignited Lange's response: "It sucks. What am I supposed to do, have witty conversations with Jimmy Fallon? What the hell.."

Conan: "Yeah. He's very funny. You're gonna love him."

Artie Lange: "I love Jimmy; he's not you. You're a writer..I'll just totally throw you under the bus. Good luck man. I don't know. I think it's a bad move."

Conan: "Well. What are you gonna do.?"

Artie Lange: "I would have rooted for that bobblehead (Jay) Leno to stay (on The Tonight Show) and you could have got, what? $40 million? Right? Wasn't that the deal? You would have got $40 million dollars?

Conan: "No, I don't think so."

Artie Lange: "Yeah"

Conan: "$40 million not to work? Sweet. I gotta look into that. Is that a possibility?"

Artie Lange: "I read it in the TV Guide."

Conan: "You read it in the TV Guide!"

Artie Lange: "Cheers to Conan!"

Conan: "Cheers to Conan."

Artie Lange: Cheers to Conan for taking the $40 million and not working."

Conan: "Let's get that deal!"


The deal that Conan O'Brien agreed to will pay him $45 million, $12 million of which will go to his executive producer and his staff as severance. Artie Lange was right: Conan O'Brien's getting $40 million for not working.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment