Monday, January 11, 2010

Breast Cancer detection and treatment: an Interview with Doc Gurley

"Doc Gurley" is Doctor Jan Gurley, who's my colleague at SFGate.com's City Brights blog section, and an expert on all aspects of Breast Cancer detection, treatment, and survival. Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing her for a video on Breast Cancer.



Doc Gurley

The reason for my motivation was that my Mom's a Breast Cancer survivor (since 2005) and as an only child, my mind's on constant alert status, making sure that she's OK and ready to basically alter my life if anything happens to her again, which I'm thankful has not been the case.

So, I turned to Doc Gurley with a lot of questions that are not just for people in my situation but really tailored for women who have questions about what to do about Breast Cancer at every stage of our lives.

Doc Gurley wrote a blog on Breast Cancer for Friday's SFGate.com. That companion to this post is here.

Doc Gurley and I met at Lake Chalet Restaurant in Oakland, where we talked by the fireplace in what is called "The Pump Room". Here's the video in two parts:

Part One:



Part Two:

No comments:

Post a Comment