Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Corey Haim - Corey Feldman skips Haim's funeral, issues new statement

Corey Feldman, the best friend and fellow 80s child star with the late Corey Haim did not attend Haim's funeral today, Tuesday, according to TMZ.com, but Corey Feldman did not attend. The funeral was held at Steeles Memorial Chapel in Thornhill, Toronto, Canada. Corey Feldman did issue this new statement on his blog:


A LETTER FOR THE GRAVE… (an open letter to Corey Haim)

Dear Corey.,

This is for you on the day of your funeral. First off I am so sorry I am not there with you today. By that I mean my physical body is not with your physical body. However you know that my heart is right at your side. You also know the only reason I am truly not there is out of respect for your mother and her wishes to minimize the media attention as much as possible. I want your family to have a calm peaceful day. Hopefully we will not see one shot of the funeral on the news. Just know I am at home today projecting positive energy for you and your passing.

I miss you so much already. When I think of something funny I don’t know who to tell it to. I find myself trying to call you but then remember your not there. I think about the new movies we will soon be doing together and then suddenly realise that the dream is over. I always feared this day would come, and often rehearsed how to face it. But once confronted with the reality of it, it’s so much more painful than I could have ever imagined. Nobody will ever understand the brotherhood we shared. Nobody will ever get the inside jokes we told. Nobody will understand the magic of 22/222 . Nobody will ever know how to do the secret Corey handshake. Nobody will ever make me laugh as hard as you did. Nobody will ever make me fight as hard as you did. Nobody will ever challenge me the way you did. Nobody will ever need me the way you did.

My mission in life became saving yours...more at Corey Feldman's blog.


It's a hard note to read. Losing friends is awful and it's compounded by the impact Corye Haim had on the World. As this blogger has been a palbearer too many times to think of, my sympathies go out to Corey Feldman and the family and friends of Corey Haim.

No comments:

Post a Comment