Monday, April 26, 2010

Eric Berry on Tim Tebow and Deion Sanders at NFL Draft



This NFL Draft installment (thanks to the Inn at Irving Place, part of the Small Luxury Hotels of The World brand) comes from The NFL Draft Red Carpet - When Kansas City Chiefs NFL 1st Round Draft Pick Eric Berry was in high school he had the chance to meet NFL Legend Deion Sanders, but according to Pro Football Talk, Sanders "dissed" Berry, refusing the teenager's request.

When this blogger saw the PFT post, using video to have Eric Berry confirm or deny the claim seemed like a good idea. Eric Berry confirmed it on camera while making his way along the NFL Red Carpet before the start of The 2010 NFL Draft: "I don't want to call it dissing me or whatever. I grew up looking up to him. I just wanted an autograph. It was like 'dang'; it did hurt my feelings. I was in high school going to college and he was one of the player I loved to watch."

Berry explained that Deion Sanders has "said good things" about him on The NFL Network, but to that point had not openly apologized to him, at least there's no official record of such online. While at Radio City Music Hall, I saw a telecast of the NFL Network where Deion Sanders had mentioned Berry's complaint to fellow NFL Legend, Steeler great Rod Woodson, but there has not been a single search-friendly post to show that Deion gave Berry the "love" he deserves.

As for Tim Tebow, who Berry will face twice a year as Tebow plays for the Denver Broncos, Berry said Tebow was the player he's hit the hardest, but "I don't know what I was thinking. He definitely brings a load."

It will be a load of fun to watch them in years to come.

Rock the Casbah!

No comments:

Post a Comment