Monday, June 28, 2010

Giuseppi Logan Larry Roland African American Jazz by Suzannah B. Troy




http://5cculturalcenter.org/index.html
FYI, the food is delicious.  I had a fresh carrot pudding desert that was vegan and out of this world delicious and blueberry lemonade.

Don't forget to watch my YouTube series on Giuseppi Logan from finding him all alone in Tompkins to helping him reunite with his son for the first time in 40 years!

The miracle of Apple teaching me video and YouTube helped me work a miracle.




I filmed Larry Roland, a bass player who was playing with Giuseppi Logan giving Gisueppi a rest break with a solo performance.

Larry Roland read his poem dedicated to African American jazz greats, known and unknown.  Larry Roland told me when I interviewed him after the gig that "Jazz", America's Art form was kicked off by slaves.  Larry told me his concerns for jazz greats known and unknown some in homes, forgotten, with no health insurance.  He expressed a real feeling for Giuseppi Logan.  He told me jazz greats known and unknown are dying and their spirits come down...Dying quietly.

Larry Roland's poem: Poem all of the beautiful ones
Known and unknown 




Also please note Matt Lavelle is dedicated to Giuseppi Logan booking him gigs and playing with him as well as providing support and encouragement to "G" as Matt calls him.



I used the very cool new feature which I tap the screen and the camera switches to the front and I can myself as I film myself.  I am not blushing...we are having a heat-wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment