Monday, August 02, 2010

Bill Cosby not dead 2010 - another Internet hoax

Like Justin Bieber, Kayne West, and so many other celebrities, Comedian Bill Cosby is the latest target of the now famous "dead" Internet hoat. "Bill Cosby dead," "did bill cosby die," and "Bill Cosby dead 2010" are at the top of search trends on Google as of this writing, topping search terms like "dan resin," "mitch miller," and "my super psycho sweet 16" as of this writing at 4:40 M, PDT.

But Bill Cosby is not dead. In fact, "The Cos" took to Twitter to report that he's alive and well:



Again, I'm rebuttaling rumors about my demise. But, I'm confirming I have an app - http://bit.ly/BillCosbyApp :)


Why Is Bill Cosby a Target?

Why Bill Cosby became a target of the "dead" rumors, or why anyone becomes the focus of such cyber games, is a mystery. But Bill Cosby has at least used the same New Media tool to tell the World that he's alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment