Thursday, December 30, 2010

99er just says “NO THANKS” to Offer of Obama Thank You Card


Who else but this “yours truly” 99er would say “NO THANKS” to an offer of an Obama Thank You Card. I mean it might have some ebay value at the very least - Right?

The sentiment I believe was sincere when I received the email below from Joe Biden via OFA supporter Mitch Stewart today, but somehow it struck a deep chord of discontent within me toward recent events by My President. I was not feeling too gracious or thankful when I made my reply and tweeted it out (via Twitter Longer) to tons of media and 99ers for all the world to see, either.

Before I go on, I feel the need to say I love President Obama. I really HATE what he recently did with the tax extension and helping everyone in America in some form or another - EXCEPT of course the 99ers who needed help the most.

Perhaps I can best explain it by comparing it to the love you have for a dear friend who does something to really hurt you - intentionally or otherwise - it still hurts. You do not stop loving that friend, but you may be very angry with them for a while. Even if that “friend” tells you “I had no choice” it does not help much.

Then again it is possible that I am just furious that the 99ers were “Traded away” like prisoners may with cigarettes or bunk buddies for that matter. I cannot help it if I feel like I was passed to “Large Marge” from “Sweaty Betty” for a pack of Lucky Strikes. (But in this case millions of 99ers were left without means of survival so Millionaires can keep their South Hampton Summer Home servants on staff.) Outrageous. So YES you could say I am very PO’d at Washington DC in it’s collective worthlessness to hurting America....but I still love my President.

With that said, this arrived in my email inbox this morning: My words are bolded below and not part of the original email as received.....

Forwarded FROM: Mitch Stewart info@barackobama.com

Dear Friend --

Every day, I am proud to work with OFA supporters across the country -- which is why I wanted to make sure you saw the Vice President's email below.

President Obama will be sending thank-you notes to supporters, and he'd like to send one to you.

If you haven't already, sign up here to get yours:
http://my.barackobama.com/ThankYouCard

Thanks,
Mitch

-----------------Original Message-----------------
From: Joe Biden
Subject: We want to say thank you, with a note

Friend --

I've been in Washington for almost 40 years. I've seen a lot of Congresses come and go. But I can't remember a group of lawmakers who accomplished more than the folks who just wrapped up their work.

....Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.......

But do you know why all that happened? Because people like you rolled up your sleeves, dug deep, and decided to make a difference. We had a dedicated group of lawmakers -- no doubt -- but they were supported every step of the way by folks from all across this country who were ready for change. People like you.

I know how much that means to me. And I can't even begin tell you how much it means to the President.

So here's the deal: President Obama wants to send you a note to express how grateful we are for all you did.

Would you like to receive one?

Two years ago, we were staring into an abyss. The financial crisis was the worst this country has faced since the Great Depression.

....Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.......

Now -- even though we still have a ways to go -- the economy is growing again.

...........Yeah Right now can we hear the one about Cinderella Joe...I just LOVE a good Fairy Tale......

Prior to this Congress, lawmakers had talked about reforming health care for almost a century.

....Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.......

The President and I take great pride in those achievements. But each one belongs to you. You believed in them, you fought for them, and we're darn grateful.

So let the President send you a note to show our appreciation.

Sign up here:

http://my.barackobama.com/ThankYouCard

Thank you -- for everything,

Joe

I immediately sent the following reply via return email:

Dear Mitch,
Please tell the President to keep his worthless CARD! He SHOULD have helped the 99ers - that would have been worth something to me.

Thanks,
LaDona

AKA Paladinette (try googling that name sometime - you and Obama might just learn something about how to help millions of hurting Americans OUR PRESIDENT bargained away for Tax cuts for wealthy contributers to campaigns - it makes me SICK)

PS- No more emails PLEASE We are DONE here!!!!!
Then went out a series of tweets to reporters, politicians and all manner of Media. This is the 1st one that I sent: On Thursday 30th December 2010, @paladinette said:
@joebiden @BarackObama @keitholbermann - Dear Joe - RE: Thank you Card from Obama - Please tell the President 2 keep his worthless CARD! He SHOULD have helped the 99ers - that would have been worth something to me. Thanks, @Paladinette (try googling that name sometime - you and Obama might just learn something about how to help millions of hurting Americans OUR PRESIDENT bargained away for Tax cuts for wealthy contributers to campaigns - it makes me SICK) PS - No more emails PLEASE!!!!! We are done here!
I sure hope I do not have the black limousines pulling up at my door for Tweeting my mind......ya think after all the indignities I have suffered as a 99er thus far, I may actually get passed to “Large Marge” from “Sweaty Betty” for a pack of Lucky Strikes too? OMG me and my big Twitter mouth... Hey Zennie I might need some bail money - LOL

[Please use the donation button below to help Paladinette to KEEP FIGHTING for the 99ers! Or maybe to bail her out if the Secret Service pays me a call YIKES]




3 comments:

  1. I think you spoke for many 99ers in your rejection of the Thank You Card. Keep up the great work and eventually, even those that ignore 99ers will have to pay attention and do something constructive for the millions they are leaving behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:49 PM

    Paladinette......what is this site really doing for the 99ers. I admire you for making a job for yourself through the 99ers troubles. I'm not sure that you can call yourself a 99er though. It appears that you have a job and/or donation button. I and millions of others are looking for real news and real solutions. Little of which I find on this site. This will be my last visit here!

    ReplyDelete