Monday, December 13, 2010

Sal Alosi: Jets Coach Trips Dolphin Player





Sal Alosi, the strength and conditioning coach for the Jets, tripped a Nolan Carroll during a game on 12/12/10. While this type of behavior should definitely be punished, I still think it's freaking hilarious.

I'm sure we can all relate to having a mischievous thoughts pop into our head from time to time. Most of the time we don't act on them, and some of the time, we act on them without thinking. Was Sal Alosi acting like a dick? Yeah, probably, but don't we all secretly wish that we could do those mischievous deeds that pop into our head from time to time?

Unfortunately, whatever satisfaction Alosi may have gotten for his devious behavior didn't last long. Right after he tripped Nolan Carroll, Coach Sparano was getting an earful about how someone had stuck there foot out from the sideline. "I talked to the referee. I didn't see it at that particular time. I told him at that point that it was on tape and the people upstairs are telling me that's what they see."

Sal Alosi made a public statement about his actions saying that "I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment," he went on to say that he made apologies to Carroll, Coach Sparano, and members of the Jets organization Coach Ryan, General Manager Mike Tannenbaum, and Owner Woody Johnson. Apologizing to the owner must have been the most difficult, as I imagine that it's hard to keep a straight face while apologizing to someone named Woody Johnson.

Nolan Carroll made this statement about the incident. "We got a W. That's not my problem," Carroll said. "That's the Jets' problem. We just move on. I felt contact, but I've got to watch film. I can't comment on it right now." You know he's pissed, but beating a team after one of their coaches trips you has got to add a little something extra to a win and take a bit of an edge of the sting to your pride.

No comments have been made as to what actions will be taken against Sal Alosi, but it's possible that he could be facing disciplinary action from the Jets organization and the NFL. In regards to whatever consequences result from his indiscretion Sal Alosi had this to say "I accept full responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows." I can't imagine that he'll keep his job after this, but I suppose if you're going to ruin your career you might as well do it in a way that gives you a story to tell. Years from now Alosi will be able to tell his grandkids how he got fired from his job with an NFL team for tripping a player during a game.




John Bobst aka The Force of Nature

Check out my daily comic


Share










No comments:

Post a Comment