Monday, January 17, 2011

ABC World News Perpetuates WRONG 99er Numbers - WHY?


Last night, ABC World News continued to perpetuate the WRONG 99er Numbers (quoting that 1.5 million spun by the DOL in June 2010) and I must ask - WHY?

One might think that any publicity for our 99er cause is a good thing and I would agree up to a point. There is the old adage that: “Sometimes bad help is WORSE than NO HELP at all.” This to me rings true in this instance.

So why can’t the media get it right? Do they even want to reveal the correct number and further embarrass the current administration? Is risking the embarrassment of Obama’s inept cronies and the Sub-Par Congress more important than saving millions of American lives?

Perhaps there is confusion in the term “99ers” as most UI exhaustees average 67.33 weeks of benefits.

99ers like Dawn Rayner in the video below are heros to the 99er Nation. They selflessly put their personal pain out for public display (and often ridicule) in order to further inform America about what Washington’s indifference and incompetence is doing to the many millions among our ranks.

About the interview Dawn said:

Before the ABC interview Dawn says:
"They came to the house. The producer, a cameraman and a lighting guy. They set up the cameras and made sure the light was good, and the producer and I just sat and talked for a while, which was really helpful cuz my heart was in my throat. Then they got a couple shots of me at the computer, they were really interested in the fb pages where we all go for support and to share information.

Then the interview began and the producer just asked me a bunch of questions. Lasted about 1/2 hour. They all told me I did a really good job, so I'm really hoping a lot of it doesn't end up on the cutting room floor. Then we went outside and got a couple shots of my property and stuff. I had told them that we used to have horses with the barn and corrals and the turnout and round pen and everything, but that I'd had to sell off everything and find homes for the horses and all I have left is one little goat, and lots of weeds.....

They were here for just over 2 hours total. Really nice people! They tried really hard to put me at ease and it worked. The producer even told me if he was a 99er he would want me as his advocate, so I am really hoping I come off well on tv."


Then after seeing her interview air on TV she writes:

"I talked about so many important things and they all got cut - the bills in senate, the stereotyping, the lack of accuracy in the unemployment numbers, age discrimination, the "unemployed need not apply", even what I would like to say to Obama. All cut! Gotta wonder why they even bothered to come out here and interview me!"

I know that I should be glad that the networks are finally starting to at least recognize the 99ers...But Shit, they still cut out all of the important facts like under reported numbers, age and other unemployed discrimination and under employment. I hope you have better luck in having most of what you say not ending up on the cutting room floor...So discouraging! Only a few minutes spent on unemployment and the rest of the news focused on the Az. shootings. How much more is there to talk about for God sake. Talking about dumbing down America. No wonder why most people in this country are clueless!"
It is insulting that ABC would be so irresponsible as to under report the true numbers within the 99er Nation at about one third of the true figure. Thing is that the 99er Nation already has an uphill battle educating the general public about the fact Obama’s big Tax deal 13 month UI extension did NOT HELP 99ers AT ALL! Now by ABC broadcasting that 1.5 million “exhaustees” figure - thus insulting our intelligence - they continue the myth that it is somehow OK to screw over 1.5 million Americans when that number is three times higher.

No matter what the true number of “UI exhaustees” truly is, it is an outrageous sin of omission by Washington that condones the “blind eye” approach to this issue and permits the massive suffering of the 99ers to continue unabated. History will record this moment as a dark and evil time in America’s evolution to be sure. How can anyone ever believe in America as that “shining beacon of a city on the hill” when Washington intentionally permits millions of 99ers to suffer - but makes sure it’s richest citizens get a bigger slice of the pie?



BUD MEYERS appears on the Nicole Sandler Show 1-17-11 See it here:



HEY ABC - Ali Velshi GETS IT - WHY DON'T YOU??????




[The donation button below is for Paladinette. If you like what I write please donate so I can keep on fighting for the 99ers! Thank You!]





1 comment:

  1. I am a 99er. Since I no longer have the ability to contact my unemployment office how will anyone know if I've found a job or not? Once you reach the 99th week there is no communication with the unemployment office. If you are contacting them by phone the prompts end with a comment like "there are no available funds". Then you are disconnected. There is no further information requested.

    So exactly how is the number of those that have reached 99 weeks calculated?

    The only way to ensure the correct count of people over 99 weeks (or the total number of expired) is when they approve a Tier V and count the number of applicants. This is called commonsense, not guess work!

    We still need money to help us find what little employment that's being currently offered. Or until there are real jobs available!

    ReplyDelete