Tuesday, January 04, 2011

CES 2011 Las Vegas: Qik and Zennie62

Another quick note as this blogger waits for the Vegas flight from Fresno to start and on to CES. The Qik.com mobile video platform will be widely used during my CES Las Vegas trip. The channel is, of course, Zennie62, and the videos upload from Qik to Zennie62 at YouTube.com as well.

If you've never heard of Qik, it allows you to send a near-realtime mobile video to your channel. It's not a live stream like USTREAM.Tv, but so close in its real-action to video-action upload time gap, it's almost as effective.

What's neat about Qik on the Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone I use, is that a special app allows for one-touch mobile video making. It's quite an addictive process; the full power of which I've not tested until this trip.

My Qik videos will go to Zennie62.com, and Zennie62 YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter accounts. So, follow it all at Zennie62.com.

Oh, why not use YouTube mobile? Good question.

The video quality is much better, but some larger videos just don't upload to YouTube from my Samsung phone. They sit in the que and then sit. Some are still there.   At least the ones I did not delete. I have to keep any video made in that way below 20 seconds long.

By contrast, the Qik-first, then-to-YouTube posting process is much faster - what you'd expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment