Saturday, February 26, 2011

2011 Academy Awards - Just Being Nominated

Well my friends and loyal fans of LifeAfterKidsTV, I must say the bliss just keeps on coming! While I may never win an Oscar® for any of my projects, "just getting nominated"to cover all the glitz and the glamour of Hollywood's biggest night may just be the next best thing.

Thanks to fellow journalist and vlogger, Zenophon Abraham of Zennie62.com, from Northern California, I will be reporting on the 2011 Academy Awards with him for the San Francisco Chronicle and Seattle Post Intelligencer. What's more, he's invited the chic-est geek of them all, Jen Friel of TalkNerdytoMeLover.com fame to round out our very eclectic group of reporters. So we'll be bringing you some one-of-a-kind stories from behind the scenes, off the beaten path and the sidelines of the "Superbowl" of awards shows.

Plus, there are so many activities happening this week, leading up to the big day (Sunday February 27th) and we are planning to bring you some of those festivities. On game day, we've been invited to the Night of the 100 Stars official viewing party at the world-famous Beverly Hilton Hotel and expect some fabulous interviews with "A-listers" who just happen not to be nominated this year.

What you may not know is that those who cover and attend this event must wear formal attire, so Chogury Couture has graciously offered to deck this reporter out in its finest and Lala Castro ofSparklesForever.com will be lending Jen Friel and I our me bling for the evening.

But my favorite and most necessary accessory comes via Sukjhit Ghag, Blogger & Social Media Evangelist at Sony Electronics. Several weeks ago, and without knowing my plans to cover the Oscars, she sent the sleek, sexy and very portable Bloggie Touch MP4 Camera to test out. No heavy camera equipment for this lady journalist - just the evening-purse-sized Bloggie and my "old" faithful Zi8 Kodak gave me almost 2 years ago, will be strutting their stuff on the runways of Hollywood over the coming days. Then, when the dust has settled from this week, I will be reviewing these video cameras as well.

Please follow my adventures on my Blog, Facebook and Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment