Saturday, February 26, 2011

2011 Oscars: Jen Friel Goes From Homeless To TV Star

Got to put this in about my friend, Vlogger Jen Friel, who's partnering with me for the Oscars this year. After something like two years of going off on her own without money, freaking out her parents, learning social media, HTML, Java, and all sorts of coding tricks to build her website, then lifecasting much of what goes on with her, including our Oscars escapades, Jennifer's in the process of developing her own television show.

No, not a web-streaming show. A real live network TV show backed by a major studio with some A-list people involved. Jen's taking her blog Talk Nerdy To Me Lover and actually making it into a TV show.

Or did I say that already?

That's probably because there's a whole lot I can't say.

But I can say that this 2011 Oscar trip has been another example of how media's changing to something that anyone can do if they focus.  Sorry, but people like Jen Friel are leaving a lot of traditional media-types in the dust. Jen's got that ability to lock in and get it done.

Man, I wish I could say more. But just that she's really got a great TV show concept that's coming your way. Ready or not.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment