Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Flip Video And Cisco Give Zennie A Flip Video Ultra HD



Regular viewers of my video blog posts on YouTube and Blip.tv know that I've used Flip Video Camcorders since 2009. In fact, about 60 percent of my video stock consists of segments made with Flip products. Moreover, some of my greatest videos, like the Fight With A Bouncer On Fillmore (not me, of course), were made with Flips, as well as my TV show, The Blog Report With Zennie62.

(In fact, for that video I just stood on the curb and held the camera up without saying a word. You'd think someone would have noticed.)

And even California Governor and former Oakland Mayor Jerry Brown came into my Flip Video's focus on the night of his election victory, and after Arnie Fields told me of his "Jerry-centric" run for Mayor of Oakland.

Reportedly, Jerry saw it and could only think of how much he disliked Arnie's message, and why I'd interview him (Arnie was a candidate, case closed. Hilariously, nothing else mattered to him at the time.

Then there was the time in the limo with the cast from the horror movie Hatchet II (out on DVD now), with its creator Adam Green, and the incredibly lovely Danielle Harris. All of those videos were made with my Flip.

I could go on and on, but Flip Video and Cisco were kind enough to provide me with a new Flip Video Ultra HD. So, to return the good deed, I created this "commercial," which I hope they actually make into a commercial.

I even thought of a tag line: "Flip Video. Video-Blog everywhere! Video-blog anywhere!"

But what I like about Flip is it's ease of use and high-quality product.  I have other camcorders from Sony and a high-end Canon VIXIA HF10 HD, but the inexpensive Ultra HD is almost the match of the Canon, with the lack of a true telephoto lens and mic port the only difference maker.   That's not bad considering the $200 cost difference.

But the Flip is the camcorder for vlogging.  If you're going to video-blog, you need a Flip.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment