Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jessica Alba Uses Twitter And Facebook To Say "I'm Pregnant"

Now that's a great way to use your 1 million Twitter followers! Actress Jessica Alba @jessicaalba sent out this tweet that originated from her Facebook page to tell all that she and husband Cash Warren are expecting their second child:


jessicaalba Jessica Alba
It's been a while since I've been on FB & I thought I'd drop by to let you all in on some exciting news>Honor is... http://fb.me/RCu1R2wY


And here's her original Facebook message with the news of her new status as "Mother to be, again."


Jessica Alba
It's been a while since I've been on FB & I thought I'd drop by to let you all in on some exciting news>Honor is going to be a Big Sister! Cash and I are thrilled and wanted to share the news directly with you so you didn't hear about it somewhere else. I appreciated all of the love and support you all gave me during my first pregnancy and will definitely appreciate it again this time around. Have a great day! Jess


Why is this news?

Some of you may be asking why this is news, and that's a fair question that should be answered here.

Briefly, it works like this.

Jessica Alba has a recognized name. She's played in a number of movie and TV roles, some touching on American Culture's "hot spots," like when she played "Sue Storm" in the Fantastic Four movie series based on the Marvel Comic books of the same name.

Because of that, and her Twitter-staff assisted generation of over 1 million Twitter followers, including a number of media outlets, she's able to start a buzz with a "milestone tweet." Now, if Alba had tweeted that she was drinking water, that would have went nowhere. But being pregnant's a big deal.

The result is a number of blog posts and webpages write about the news. That, in turn, creates more of what I call "Internet real estate" that, in turn, is being click on. More people then use Google to find out more information, and that causes Google Trends to be impacted. Which, causes even more blog and website posts, including this one.

That's how buzz is generated in the 21st Century.

Congratulations to Jessica Alba for becoming a Mom for the second time, and giving a lesson in how to use social media in the process.


1 comment:

  1. The video which is given here is very nice such that I have got lot of useful information regarding the pregnancy. And it is very much interested.

    ReplyDelete