Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Michigan UI Exhaustees Increase as US Aids Every Country but Its Own

Michigan UI exhaustees may increase meanwhile US aids every country but it’s own.


According to CBS News in Detroit, the U.S. Department of Labor has some bad news for 35,000 jobless people in Michigan.


The federal government said that Michigan no longer meets all the criteria for the extended benefit program. Cutting the program would leave about 35,000 people without benefits, as of April 2, and could eventually affect another 150,000 people receiving extended benefits.


In order to be in compliance, officials in Lansing will have to pass enabling legislation. Governor Rick Snyder, along with a statewide business-labor coalition, is in support of the needed legislation. If the enabling legislation is passed, it would extend the payments through the end of 2011.


FROM THE TRENCHES WORLD REPORT article today: 99ers HR 589 Supporters Do Not Tolerate the Green Weenies


Well our so called government has sent warships to aid the Japanese and also, through the Suez Canal, to anchor off the coast of Libya. You see the people in Libya are being oppressed. They are not being allowed their pursuit of happiness. Therefore, our politicians are chomping at the bit to rush to their aid. Wouldn’t it be nice if the 99ers’ lives were thought worthy of salvation by our so called government?

The article goes on to say: As for you 99ers out there, we need to get the Easter Project into high gear. And who knows, maybe some of these green weenie tough guys will try to stop us and we can have the pleasure of knocking a few knots on their heads. Personally I would hitchhike to get to that fight.

And don’t forget April 2nd and the Nationwide Protests that are planned. We must start becoming active before it is too late.

I received a powerful email from 99er Randy Moe yesterday after he attended a rally in the Chicago area yesterday that he allowed me to share with you here. When we last featured Randy in July 2010, He was attempting to sell 99er T-shirts to stay afloat as Washington refused to pass a badly needed Tier 5 for the 99ers.


Participating in Moveon.org’s series of protests yesterday called ““Defend the Dream - We're taking it back!” - Randy chronicled his personal experience in the following email yesterday:


Just got back from the MoveOn “Defend the Dream - We're taking it back!” rally at the James R. Thompson Center, downtown Chicago, there was a modest turnout of about 300 people. I ran into several old friends, one I used to work with until he found a Union job with the City of Chicago, good for him, sad for me.

What struck me was, almost the entire crowd appeared to be still-employed Union men, and I do mean men there were few women in attendance. There were no students, no young people, no 99ers, no homeless, no major media, no anger, and nobody I could relate to.

The first speaker roused the crowd with a PA system that gave his voice strength, a woman handed me a song and chant sheet. I started retreating. The cheers and words rang hollow upon my tired ears. The speaker demanded we all need a good paying job, health care, and the dream of our own home. The Union men roared. I turned and walked away.

My emotions overcame me, I nearly cried. I was sad that I see no way of ever joining a Union or ever getting another good job. The Dream is over. The 80% still working see us not, we are invisible and worthless. We (are), no - I am forgotten.

The 99er Nation feels invisible and at times worthless, especially in the eyes of Washington law makers, Obama, employers and the media. Exactly when will the US Government see clearly that their responsibility lies with FIRST with helping their own citizens survive and fend off oppression.... Oh wait.... it is the US Government oppressing the 99ers and the middle class to boot. Well then I suppose unless or until we show the “Deaf, Dumb & Blind” in Congress and the White House that we mean business - they never will have the motivation to change the status quo. It is really that simple. It is up to us to take to the streets and take back our country



[The donation button below is for Paladinette. If you like what I write please donate so I can keep on fighting for the 99ers! Thank You!]





No comments:

Post a Comment