Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tila Tequila Convinces MTV She Stands for Empowering Women





How buzzworthy - Female Empowerment? Tila Tequila? Over the summer Tila Tequila encouraged her army to attack blogger, Nikky Raney, whose only flaw was blogging objectively about "Miss Tila" and her shenanigans. Now, working as an MTV VIP looking through MTV posts it is seen that Tila has done a Yoko Ono cover to the song "Walking On Thin Ice.

The kicker is what MTV writes within the blog post before posting the video:

We have to give Tila credit for empowering and encouraging women not to tolerate an abusive relationship. Tila said she recorded the song "at a time when my life was complicated and I was emotionally drained." Of the video's violence and abuse, she said, "The video was created in a way where the woman isn't just the victim; she is also a survivor. I want women to see that you can get out of an abusive relationship and hopefully do it BEFORE something horrible happens to you or your partner. I am hoping that people can see that this video doesn't promote or glorify abuse; that in fact, it is promoting change and strength."


The music video will not be included within this blog post, because that would be an insult to Yoko Ono - who originally sang this song.

Although there are personal ties related to why the video won't be posted and within this blog post - it is still a fact that over the summer Tila Tequila was not empowering but insulting. Attacking a 20 year old girl and having her "Tila Army" attack her again and again. The hate mail and the e-mails received from "Miss Tila" were enough to make it unbearable to even go onto Twitter. So, no, the girl who coined the phrase "Piggy Raney" and posted lots of blog posts attacking other celebrities and hating on Rihanna (yes, Tila shows no remorse for what Rihanna went through and always insults her) is not someone who should be commended for female empowerment. The post has gotten a few comments, and it's unsure as to how many views the video has gotten.

Since I no longer go to Tila's personal "celebrity gossip blog" which I have been told is now just a TILA TILA TILA TILA TILA promotion blog I don't know what she has written in regards to the MTV endorsement, but I felt as though I was obligated to write this blog post after what I had to go through this summer with her. I have not watched the music video.

TMZ took Tila's blog off their blog roll after what she did; it was minutes after she posted a blog post bragging that she was on TMZ; unknowing that Zennie62 Media was also.

Oh, this brings back some not-so-fond memories, but that's what got me known on this blog. So this post is a bit of a throwback for me.

1 comment:

  1. This is honestly the first Tila related post I have read in over two/three months. I really just couldn't care less about her any more. She's disgusting in every way.

    ReplyDelete