Thursday, May 05, 2011

Prince Amukamara Meets Tiki Barber - NY Giants At 2011 NFL Draft



Of all of the NFL Draftees at the 2011 NFL Draft, former Nebraska Cornerback Prince Amukamara has the least walking distance: he gets to remain in New York City because he was the first pick of The New York Football Giants. And Tiki Barber, Giants Running Back Legend, was there to welcome the Prince to NY Giants land.

Tiki, planning a comeback to the NFL, was there working for Yahoo! Sports, and, with this blogger, was able to speak with the new Giant. But I decided to turn the tables on Tiki and Prince, and ask the young player what it was like to talk to the legend before him. Prince was at his best "As you can see, I was startled and speechless with him holding the microphone to my lips. But, I mean, it's an honor. He's one of the best, and I hope I don't let him down."

Tiki praised Prince for his answers and poise, as evident when Prince said he "might live on the Jersey Shore" in response to Barbers question if Prince was going to live in New York City or outside New York City. (Tiki was advocating for living in New York City.)

In Prince, Giants fans are getting a guy who's "ready to work" and happy to be in the Big Apple. Indeed, by the time I officially met him, Mr. Amukamara had already attended several parties, and even forgot the name of ESPN College Football Reporter Erin Andrews.

And how's Tiki Barber's comeback going? Barbers says that his training is coming along and "is good. I'm back working hard. I'm back in the gym with my strength trainer. My power-lifting coach. He's killing me. But it's what you need." Tiki's listening to classic rock as he works out, "squatting a thousand pounds a day" he says.

As for his timetable, Barber expects to be on the field in two weeks. He says the lockout gives him a chance to get back in shape and not worry about the OTA's. He always enjoyed training camp, and is looking forward to being with the NFL team that gives him a chance.

Regardless of what you think about Tiki Barber, and this blogger's rooting for him to succeed, watching him "reinvent" himself is fun.

Now, let's see if he can take a hit from Prince Amukamara.

No comments:

Post a Comment