Friday, June 13, 2008

"Meet The Press" Tim Russert Dies Of A Heart Attack At 58



"Meet The Press" Tim Russert Dies Of A Heart Attack At 58



One of the main reasons I was so excited about attending the 2008 Democratic Convention was that I would get to meet Tim Russert, the ever-present host of the legendary show and one of my favorites, Meet The Press.

Now, I will not, because Tim Russert died of what the New York Post called an apparent heart attack today at 58 years of age.

I never met or knew Tim, but he felt like part of the American Cultural furniture and I always appreciated his on-air professionalism. In a world of "vetters", Russert was the vetter. No poitician was considered complete until they faced a grilling from Russert. Barack Obama's best presentations were on Meet The Press because he handled himself with grace and intelligence under Russerts withering line of questions.

But we always saw Russert as the person who sat as judge and jury in politics. Always fair. Always smart. Always informative. Always professional. It's no wonder Time Magazine named him one of the world's 100 most influential people this year. .

Tim Russert represented the best in media and I will miss him.

Here's Russert recently interviewing former Bush Press Secretary Scott McClellan.

No comments:

Post a Comment