Thursday, July 10, 2008

Freedom Of Speech has it's limitations

I would first like to thank Zennie for inviting me to this blog and have the ability to post here. My views may not represent how you feel, or how Zennie feels. I do thank him for giving me a voice on here.

Now this may be an old story, but I am still upset with it. I was completely in awe when I discovered that the McCain camp removed the Librarian from the so called "Public" event for holding a sign that read "McCain = Bush".  I was further disgusted when I learned she was cited for "Trespassing".  Yes, trespassing at a public event. Public meaning "people in general", public meaning "NON PRIVATE".

If we have the freedom of speech, shouldn't we be allowed to express ourselves the way we see fit? Shouldn't we be able to express our opinions even if it does not "fit in" with the republican party?

If you missed the actual video, here is the 61 year old librarian being cited for "trespassing".




And here is my response. Please excuse the cursing, as I am a former sailor. lol

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Brandon! I also gave you a plug in a new post that links back to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked at that video footage as well. I thought what she was expressing was done rather peacefully.

    If this incident indicates anything, it is a telescope view of what kind of conditions We The People would have to look forward to, god forbid, under a McCain administration.

    ReplyDelete